NEW GPC INC. manufactures approximately two hundred generic, over-the-counter (O.T.C) and veterinary products. The Company’s product line includes cosmetics, household cleaning agents, and various essences. These products are all sold in local and international markets.
The Company’s manufacturing plant is located at Farm, East Bank Demerara, on the outskirts of Georgetown. It is spread over 5 acres of land and comprises five (5) significant Sectors:
- The Administrative building consists mainly of offices, a boardroom, a canteen, a medical center, sanitary facilities, and changing areas for staff.
- The Warehouse facilities store raw materials, packaging materials and finished pharmaceuticals products.
- The Manufacturing facility is designed explicitly for large-volume proprietary liquid pharmaceutical preparations.
- The Integrated-pharmaceuticals facility is specifically designed to manufacture tablets, capsules, liquids, drop and sprays, ointments and creams, suppositories, and ampoule/vial injectables while maintaining the integrity of each product. This building also houses the quality control and quality assurance departments.
- The maintenance building provides services to the other structure, such as water, electricity, low-pressure steam, air conditioning, compressed air, equipment, and building repairs and maintenance.
The complex layout allows a logical flow of materials throughout the plant with specialized storage as required. The construction, design, materials utilized, and installation methods are consistent with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).